Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rose & Jack - I'll never let go, Jack

Something has been really bugging me, and someone said something on Facebook, so I had to do a little post to get it out there.

We all know the part where Jack is in the water, and Rose is lying on the door, holding his hand. Jack makes Rose promise that she'll go on, grow old, have lots of babies etc. Then Jack dies, and Rose tells him that she'll never let go. She then lets go of his hand. It annoys me when people say 'Rose said she'd never let Jack go, then she let him go'.

Rose didn't mean she wouldn't let go of him physically. She meant emotionally; she meant she would never let go of his memory, the promise, his heart.

That's it. I know it's a movie, but I had to get it out.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I'm the exact same, it frustrates me NO END when people say that.
    I love Titanic, it's the best freakin film ever made. I was obsessed with the whole thing when I was younger, I even knew how many plates they had on board.... K I'll be quiet now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! It's my favourite movie and it really bugs me when people pick at it like that. It's obvious what Rose meant, some people just don't get it ._.

      How many plates? ;)

      xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...