Saturday, April 14, 2012

28 Neutral Eyeshadow Palette (eBay) - Review & Swatches

I love a nice bright eye, and daring makeup looks. But a nice neutral eye is perfect for any time or occasion. Weddings, nights out, parties, or a simple day time look. I came across this palette on eBay and ordered it straight away. It was around 6, with free shipping from Hong Kong. I bought it from Tomtop Auctions (I've ordered loads from them in the past). When I received my package in the post, I was so happy, but when I opened it, it was a lipgloss palette! It was beautiful, but not what I ordered. It was the first time they had sent out the wrong item, and as soon as I emailed them, they sent out the eyeshadow palette right away. It didn't take long to get here, and I got to keep the lipgloss palette. I gave it to my mum, unused, and she loved it.

This is the eyeshadow palette...


I love it so much! It has 28 colours, ranging from gorgeous nudes to light browns to darker browns to a very dark brown/off black. There's even a light purple in there! There are shimmery and matte shadows, so you can go for a full shimmery smoky eye, or tone it down, whatever you want. The colours are so silky and last all day, especially with a good primer. Yesterday, I used a darker brown shadow to fill in my brows, a lighter one to contour, and a very light white/shimmer to highlight my cheekbones. It looked really good, so that's a bonus!

Here are the swatches. Some of the shadows are really light, and barely show up on camera, but they all look better in person.


And here's a little eye look I did using some of the lighter shadows...


The case itself is a matte black, sturdy and sleek. This is definitely one of my favourite palettes, so cheap, yet so pigmented. I will definitely be doing more looks with it, maybe with pictures to come. I would highly recommend this palette. It's worth every penny, and being this cheap, you really can't go wrong.

Snap it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...