Thursday, April 19, 2012

Models Own Beetlejuice - Indian Ocean - swatches!

Hello lovelies 

I've wanted this for ages now, so I finally picked it up today in Boots. It's from the Models Own Beetlejuice collection and it's called Indian Ocean.


It's a gorgeous light sheer blue packed with pink shimmer (and gold in some lights!), and I know it will be my perfect shade for Spring & Summer. It was quite hard to get the camera to pick up the shimmer, but I tried! It's so much nicer in person, the shimmer is beautiful! It actually reminds me of the sun setting over an ocean (as the name may suggest, hahaha!)


It took me 4 coats to get it how I wanted, otherwise, it was just so sheer. Still pretty, but I prefer my nail polish to be more opaque. This is with 4 coats... Like I said, hard to pick up the pink shimmer, but you can still see it. And a little bit of gold too!


After that, I took 2 more colours, a light blue and a baby pink, to see if the shimmer would pop more
Catrice - Am I Blue Or Green?
Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream

This is before:

Am I Blue Or Green?, Indian Ocean, Strawberry Ice Cream

After (with flash):
Am I Blue Or Green? with 2 coats of Indian Ocean, Indian Ocean, Strawberry Ice Cream with 2 coats of Indian Ocean

And the same (without flash, dull lighting)

As you can see, the light blue colour made the blue pop more, and the light pink made the shimmer pop much more. You can see some gold shimmer in all of them.

It dries pretty quickly, which I love! It has a high shine, so you don't need a topcoat. The smell is very strong, so you're probably better off doing your nails in the garden! I can't wait to try it with more colours, it's beautiful! I think it would be gorgeous over black...

What do you think of Indian Ocean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...