Friday, September 07, 2012

Shabby chic boxes | www.MagpieChic.com


I love everything shabby chic and vintage. If it has blue gingham with pink roses, (and baby pink with polka dots on the inside) I must have it!

I came across Magpie Chic and, when I saw the items for sale, I couldn't help but make a little purchase. They're based in Dublin, Ireland, where I was born!

In Ireland, shipped orders will be delivered in 1 business day, and delivery is a flat rate of €6 for one box up to 20kg in weight. In the UK, shipped orders are delivered within 2 business days, and delivery is a flat rate of €10 for one box up to 15kg in weight. My order was dispatched on August 27th, and it was with me on the afternoon of August 28th! How amazing is that?! Every order is delivered by courier. I love that because it means your order won't arrive damaged or broken. And it means you get a tracking number to check up on your order!

I ordered 2 sets of 'Heart Boxes - set of three'. The owner, Gillian, quickly emailed me to say that there was only one set in stock. She gave me three options; she could refund the price of one set, she could cancel the order, or she could send me Children's Jewellery Box (blue) for the same price (saving €2!)

Of course, I took the jewellery box, as it goes with the heart boxes, and the design/print is just absolutely beautiful! So they were with me the next day, delivered by a courier who was so sweet and chatty. I squealed a little when I opened the box, no joke! Pretty wrapping to add a cute touch, and plenty of bubble wrap to make sure that my parcel wasn't damaged in any way.

This is my order...

 Pretty pink wrapping!

 Eeek!

Here are the BEAUTIFUL heart boxes. The smallest one fits into the medium one, and the medium one fits into the largest one. Before I ordered, I measured the sizes with my measuring tape (just on my bed) and they were the perfect sizes! They are blue gingham with pink roses, and the inside of the boxes (and lids) is baby pink with white dots...perfect, cute, girly and gorgeous! 





******

Here's the gorgeous jewellery box. It has 4 drawers, and again, lined with baby pink with white dots. The handle is surprisingly strong, and I can't wait to properly sort out my bedroom and put stuff into it. It's so adorable and will take pride of place on my chest of drawers!





Both the heart boxes and the jewellery box are made from very strong cardboard, and the quality is amazing!

I would definitely recommend Magpie Chic if you're looking for a few little things to treat yourself, or as a gift for someone else. Gillian was so helpful and the communication was fantastic... just how a company should be! Magpie Chic sell wedding and home decor!

These are some of my favourite items for sale...








I want all of those, and everything else on the website!

******

I will definitely repurchase from Magpie Chic again soon, they have so much that I want, and at amazing prices! I will do a post in the future showing you how I use the boxes, and what I store in them!

*I have no affiliation with Magpie Chic. Everything was purchased with my own money.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...