Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hair Growth Update

Back in January of 2013, I took part in the '4 Week No Heat' challenge. As the name suggests, you must go FOUR weeks without using any form of heat on your hair. I accepted the challenge with open arms. You can read my update, and the results! I was thrilled that my hair grew a little, and since then, it has grown more. I have been using heat since the challenge ended, but not too much - only my hairdryer twice a week, a hair curler/straightener very rarely. However, I thought I would just document the progress of my hair growth for those who are interested in having a nosey. 

This was my hair before and after the challenge...


This is my hair now. Please excuse the angle/length of hair on my right (your left) - I had my head titled slightly to the right for some reason! Also, I have worn the same top in every picture so you can see the difference. I also compare my hair to the two freckles on my chest to get a better idea of how much it has grown.


I love how much it has grown since I successfully finished the challenge in February on Valentine's Day. I think it has grown a great amount in four and a half months, particularly as my hair is usually quite slow when it comes to growing. I'm not doing anything special to my hair, just using a deep conditioner once a week, and my Avon Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment and L'Oréal Elvive Extraordinary Oil every time I wash my hair, and combing through with a wide-tooth comb. I also use a heat-protection spray before drying/styling (review coming soon). These oils are not made to make hair grow, but I'm sure they've contributed to it by making my hair stronger and more manageable. I also don't use as much heat as I did before.

It's never too late to take part in this challenge, and as July is starting tomorrow, it's the perfect time to start! It's easier than you would think. I'll definitely do it again some time soon, it really gives your hair time to breathe. Try it for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. well done babe! looks really healthy.. that must be why my hair grows fast i never use heat what so ever xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunni :) yeah i'd say so, you're lucky you can get away with not using it :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...