Friday, June 07, 2013

Fota Wildlife Park & Arboretum

My fiance's niece (I now call her my niece!) turned 2 on June 3rd, so a big group of us headed to Fota Wildlife Park & Arboretum in Cork, to celebrate her birthday. I've been there a couple of times before and I love it, I could never get bored of it. There are so many animals, trees and flowers in the park and arboretum, and I could spend hours walking through the place looking at everything :)

As usual, I took hundreds of pictures, and had great fun looking through them all. The ones below are my favourites...but it was hard so to choose!

First up...here's my outfit!
:)

 How bored does the standing zebra look? Seriously, he stood like this for ages before just flopping to the ground to sleep, it was so funny!

 I laugh every time I look at this picture! I don't know what it is, but the giraffe's face cracks me up. I think it might be his nose and mouth haha

 I'm sure this is a gibbon...i thought it was a monkey at first but I don't think so. I'm confused, but either way, it's way too cute!

 I love pelicans, and this one was no exception. Cute!

 Lar Gibbon...he's like  a person! Seriously, the way he walks, moves around, sits, scratches himself, etc. So funny to watch.

Lion-tailed macaque - How cute is he feeding himself?! He looks angry, but there were loads of macaques around him playing, it's as if they were disturbing him haha

 Lemurs. I don't think i need to say anything, they're so cute!

 Joint favourite animal in the park (along with the red panda). I love cheetahs!

 'mmm, you taste good!' How funny are these giraffes? This is two of many giraffes in the park :)

 The yummy birthday cake! Coconut cake with pink icing. So yummy :)

My new house ;) I wish. I think this is Fota house

 Pretty flower :)

And the sunset the same evening...(vibrant setting on my camera) BEAUTIFUL!

***

I wish I could have included all the pictures I took...but there was over 300 to start with (before I deleted some), and who wants to look at that many pictures? Oh...me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...