Thursday, December 26, 2013

Blogmas - Day 25 ❤ Christmas Day!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! I really enjoyed mine, even though I didn't get to spend it with my own family this year. It was a busy day today, but I do love the whole hustle and bustle on Christmas day and the amazing sleep I always have because I'm so tired when it's all over. Months ago, both my fiancé and myself agreed we would spend this Christmas together (morning and dinner). In the seven years we've been together, we haven't had 'our own' Christmas, so we decided to do that this year... with our two cats!

This morning was spent running around like headless chickens while we prepared dinner (then the fiancé took over - yay!). It was absolutely yummy and I was so stuffed afterwards, that I felt sick when I saw all the sweet treats we bought to have over Christmas. After dinner, we gave our presents to other people and loved seeing their faces when they opened them. I love that about Christmas! Tonight, my mother-in-law and brother in law came over to see us and we all had a great giggle. They've just gone so it's the perfect time to pop up my last Blogmas post.

I thought I'd throw in some pictures from my day...

I asked Santa for a breast reduction, but he never listens, sigh! My outfit was a dark navy dress with white polka dots and this cute belt that came with it. I also worse black tights and black boots. Cute little outfit, my fiancé loved it.

How cute is this necklace sent to be by my gorgeous friend, Sarah. I wore it today :)

My Christmas nails

You know when your belt just doesn't stay through the loop and falls out? Yeah, it's annoying! I came up with this tip as it was bugging me when I was curling my hair. I took a bobby pin and pinned the end to the actual belt. It's stayed put all day and still hasn't budged!

We got this yummy 'Snow in Love' Yankee Candle from my sister-in-law, and it smells beautiful. Not overpowering, just a beautiful delicate scent. The Yankee website describes it as a 'blend of creamy, comforting woods and wintry powder freshness'. Mmm!

Burning the 'Snow in Love' candle with our gorgeous dinner and some drinks. Who doesn't love a candlelit dinner?

Sweeties for after dinner. I didn't have any, I was way too full after dinner. I may or may not be nibbling at them now... 

 Mini bottle of Jacobs Creek and mini box of Milk Tray from my little sister-in-law. They're so adorable and will go down a treat this weekend :)

I kept my eye makeup simple today with a beautiful silver shadow and I used my Daniel Sandler lipstick in Casablanca, applied with a lip brush. I never used to use a lip brush, now it's my saviour!

The roaring fire with two cushions for the cats. They love sleeping here on chilly days :)

So the 25th (now 26th, damnit!) marks the end of Blogmas, and as much as I've enjoyed doing it, I'm honestly relieved it's over. It's hard coming up with a post each day for 25 days! I'm sure I'll end up doing it again next year though! I hope Santa was good to you all... although, coal is a good gift too because it's freeeezing outside ;)

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...