Wednesday, June 08, 2016

5 Things I'm Looking Forward To...

I'm not sure I've done one of these posts before, but it's something new, so why not? I've got some things coming up that I'm looking forward to this year... and of course, I wanted to share them with you all! The only thing is... it's all pregnancy & baby related!

1. Finishing the nursery
The nursery is finally painted, so next up is figuring out the placement of the furniture and how we want to decorate the room. I'm excited to see it finished. It's coming together, but we have a few more bits to get. I think there's a huge rush yet though, as he will sleep in our room until he's around six months... so I tell myself anyway!

2. Antenatal Class
In the middle of July, both myself and my boyfriend will be attending a six-hour antenatal class in our local hospital. I'm looking forward to it, although I've read about a lot of people saying not to bother because it was a waste of time. Both myself and my boyfriend have baby books and lots of apps that we read, so we know a lot there is to know. I'm sure some questions will pop up when we're at the class. Six hours though. SIX. HOURS. Dang.

3. Having more 'us time'
I love the time we have together, and I know a baby will add something huge to that. We've only got three months until our little boy is here (!!!), and my partner works long shifts, so we're trying to squeeze as much 'us time' in as possible, before baby comes along. Plenty of cuddles and TV series and shows to watch, and hopefully a few more days out squeezed in too!

4. Holding our little boy
I think this one is pretty self-explanatory! After carrying the little monkey for nine months inside me (and having him kick the crap out of me!), neither of us can wait to have him with us and in our arms. He is already so loved and holds the biggest place in our hearts.

5. Christmas
... and we will have a three month old. That's incredibly scary to think about, because last Christmas was SO quiet as we had just moved house. Can't wait for it this year with my own little family!


What are you looking forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...