Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How To | Make The Perfect Omelette

It's no secret that I love eggs - fried, scrambled, poached, boiled, chocolate, fertilised...you name it, I probably love it. French toast, omelettes, scrambled eggs...yum!

I try to have a omelette for dinner at least once a week, and over time, I think I've come to make the perfect omelette...even my fiancĂ© agrees (or maybe he's just biased, ha ha..!!) This recipe is great for making an omelette, so I thought I would share how I do mine...please be warned that my pictures explain more than my method, ha ha..!! When making my omelette, I always make sure to use eggs with the Bord Bia quality mark (Ireland), the equivalent to British Lion Eggs. These are any eggs which have been stamped to tell you that your eggs have been produced to the highest standards of food safety, which is pretty much the same as the Bord Bia quality mark. What's not to love?


Ingredients:
- Eggs (2 or more, entirely up to you - I usually use 3)
- A dash of milk
- Any veg or salad you want really!
- Salt and pepper

Sometimes, I use cherry tomatoes, cheese, scallions and ham, but I had none in the house..roll on shopping day tomorrow..ha ha..!!

Preparation:
Chop whatever veg you want in your omelette, if any.
Heat the frying pan over a high heat with a dash of oil. I use olive oil.
Optional - put the grill on..!! (I say 'optional' because I don't flip my omelettes like some people.)
After two minutes of cooking, I pop it under the grill and let the top cook. It's perfect..!!

Method:
1. Break the eggs into a jug.
2. Add milk, veg/salad (if you're using any) season, and beat
3. Pour the mixture into the pan. You can also sprinkle on cheese if you'd like.
4. Cook over a medium to high heat for 2 mins.
5. If you are using the grill, pop the frying pan under the grill now...handle facing out, and not near the heat, obviously ;)
6. Keep an eye on the grill, but cooking under the grill should take around 2-3 minutess.
7. Remove from the grill.


Then simply fold  the omelette in half carefully with a spatula, and enjoy. I love mine on fresh bread, can't beat it ;)

Enjoy..and you're welcome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...