Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sleek 'Storm' Palette

I'm a huge fan of Sleek Makeup, so much so that it's one of my favourite brands. I've got quite a bit from their range & I haven't been disappointed yet. I picked up this palette 2 & a half years ago (!!). Obviously these pictures were taken before I started using it, because it's very worse for wear now!

This is one of my favourite Sleek eyeshadow palettes, & I sent one to my friend Sarah not long after I got mine. I wanted her to love it as much as me! The palette contains 3 matte shades & 9 shimmers.


I never use eyeshadow without primer, as I want it to last all day. I use a variety of primers (mainly MAC paint pot in Painterly,  NYX jumbo pencil in Milk & Essence I Love Stage).  This palette is just beautiful - the shades glide on & they last all day. I do tend to 'touch up' if I'm going out in the evening. You can of course build the shades up to the intensity you want, but honestly you probably won't need to as they're so pigmented. Blackout is BLACK & I have to make sure I use a light hand with it.

My favourite shadow from the palette is Perfect Storm, a beautiful rose gold shimmer shade. Calm Before The Storm is a perfect shade for blending. I've done some swatches, but I can tell you that the pictures absolutely don't do the shades any justice. They're stunning.

Top row - from left to right...

Sand Storm, Snow Storm, Calm Before The Storm, Thunder Storm, Perfect Storm, Fire Storm


Bottom row - from left to right...

Dust Storm, Gathering Storm, Storm Cloud, Electric Storm, Eye of The Storm, Blackout


I would highly recommend this palette to anyone looking to add some shimmers to their collection. It's got both light shades & darker shades, so I feel like there's something to suit everyone. I will definitely repurchase it, which I imagine will be soon as mine is well beaten & the lid has finally broken off as I've dropped it a million times, & my 10-month-old son likes to grab my makeup when I'm getting ready! The palette is available from Boots for €11.49. You done it again, Sleek, keep up the good work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...