Friday, February 21, 2014

Essence 'Cotton Candy' Lipstick

Essence 'Cotton Candy'

I picked this beauty up two weeks ago while out shopping with my sister-in-law. It's a stunning Barbie pink colour, and the tester tube caught my eye right away. I swatched it on my hand and fell head over heels in love with it. The lipstick only cost me around €2.79. It was definitely less than €3 anyway. That's one of the reasons I love Essence; it's so affordable.

I love the packaging, it's very pretty and simple. I really feel like the 'e' etched into the side of the lipstick adds a touch of class to the product, making it look more expensive than it actually is. The colour of the lipstick on the lips is so beautiful and pigmented. However, I find it only lasts a couple of hours before starting to come off. My Lipcote worked a treat with it though, making it last for hours on end. It's not a drying lipstick, although it tends to enhance dry areas of your lips (if you suffer from dry lips). If anything, I would say it's a little bit moisturising. I find that buffing the dry areas of my lips with an old toothbrush and applying some lipbalm a little while before applying lipstick, helps with this problem. The lipstick smells really nice... there's nothing worse than an awful-smelling lipstick going on your lips.
This lipstick is worth the price; so pigmented, and there's a good little selection of colours to choose from. If you're looking for a long-lasting lipstick, this is not the one for you... unless, like me, you use a bottle of Lipcote too. Despite the lasting power and enhancing dry patches, I'd still recommend this lipstick if even just for the price, pigmentation and packaging!

Ratings out of 
***
Lasting power: 
Colour: 
Pigmentation: 
Packaging: 
***

Have you tried this lipstick yet, or any others from the range?

2 comments:

  1. Like the shade :) !


    Wanna follow each other? :) Let me know,

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    Greetings from Slovenia :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...