Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pink lipsticks!

Personally, I think (most!) pink lipsticks looks good on me, as I have black hair.

These are some of my favourites (and one I don't like too much...)

L-R: Rimmel - Candy | Rimmel - Pink Blush | NYC - Blue Rose | 17 - Pink Power | BarryM - Baby Pink

  Swatches

L-R: Rimmel - Candy | Rimmel - Pink Blush | NYC - Blue Rose | 17 - Pink Power | BarryM - Baby Pink

******

Now, I'm going to review each one and you can compare...

(Prices are approx.)

Rimmel - [002] Candy
£4.99/€6.00





I have to say...I think this is my favourite lipstick ever! I love it. It's wearable for day or night, any occasion. It just gives a gorgeous light pink sheen, and it doesn't transfer easily. It glides onto the lips so easily, and I find it really long-lasting, with minimal touch-ups required. It's a great price too - Rimmel rarely fails to let me down!

5 out of 5 stars from me!

******

Rimmel - [006] Pink Blush
£4.99/€6.00

(sorry about the sideways-ness...blogger hates me!)




Second favourite lipstick, loves it! A gorgeous 'medium' pink...not too light, and not a hot pink. It's just a gorgeous pretty colour. Like the previous Rimmel lipstick in this post, it's wearable for day or night, it doesn't transfer too easily. It has a really smooth texture and doesn't dry our your lips at all. Worth every penny/cent!

5 out of 5 stars from me!

******

NYC - Blue Rose
£1.49/€2.00






Gorgeous hot pink with a blue sheen, so pretty! I'd say this colour is for the more 'daring' women, who like bright bold colours. It's one of my favourites and that price, you can't go wrong! It doesn't dry out my lips at all, which I love! It lasts for hours, needing very little touching up. It's not easily transferable, and it glides on smoothly. I want more of these lipsticks, and again, at this price, you just can't say no. NYC is one of my favourite brands!

5 out of 5 stars from me!

******

17 - Pink Power
£4.29/€6.50






Ahh I love this lippy! Beautiful hot pink, which looks gorgeous on it's own or with a gloss over the top. I love the whole 17 range, and this lipstick is simply amazing! Again, it's a nice bold pink, probably for the more 'daring' people...but I wear it all  the time! I don't find it drying at all; if anything, it moisturises really well! It lasts all day, although at first, if you take a drink, a little bit of lipstick will transfer on to your glass, but after that, it doesn't budge. Then it's more like a lip stain, I love that.

5 out of 5 stars from me!

******

BarryM - [100] Baby Pink
£4.49/€7.00




Hmmn...I'm still undecided about this lipstick. It's a gorgeous baby pink colour in the tube. But on the lips, it looks a little...tacky. Some people will like that though, but it's not really for me. I do think it would look pretty with a tan, but I'm like a milk bottle! It used to be quite drying on my lips, but it's okay now. I think it looks better with a gloss over the top (see picture below)...




This is the gloss I used...





















It has good lasting power, but...I don't think it's for me.

2.5 out of 5 stars from me!

******


1 comment:

  1. Does anyone knows where I can get more of the Rimmel 002 (Candy) lipstick to buy? According to all the shops I went to this past weekend, it's been discontinued . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...