Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween | 'Unzipped Face'

I've been such a slack blogger lately...writer's block, I guess..ha ha. Fear not though, I'm back with a Halloween look I've created. I've seen lots of pictures of this online, and I decided to recreate it myself...it took around an hour to do, sticking the paper on is so time-consuming. Loads have people have said they love it! It looks so much better in person...so gory!

This is what I came up with


This is what I used:
A zipper (nude/white would have been better!)
Spirit Gum
Tissue paper (NOT toilet roll)
Foundation
Red eyeshadow 
Red lipgloss (or fake blood)
Black eyeshadow
Purple eyeshadow
Old blending brushes
Tweezers (to make holes)

***

I got fake blood to use instead of lipgloss, but i tested it on my hand for literally a second...and it stained for a few days, no matter how many times I washed my hands! The label says to wash off immediately after use, which doesn't make sense because it's made to use on your skin for Halloween..no way am I putting that on my face! So I had to use lip gloss instead. Obviously fake blood would be better because it's more runny. I tried to find some blood paste, but I had no luck...boo!

I was going to wear this on Halloween night to answer the door to trick-or-treaters, but I don't think young children would appreciate it, so I think I'll dress up as a cat instead. Cute and easy! If I change my mind and decide to wear this, I think I'd just wear it with normal clothes, or something dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...