Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DIY | Shabby Chic 'Home Sweet Home' Canvas

I've been really into DIY lately, and this is my latest creation.

We had a canvas above our fireplace, which belongs to the house. I hate it because it just didn't do anything for the living room. It wasn't my style, so I got an idea in my head. I bought a huge blank canvas from the shop I work in, and got to work with it when I got home.

I printed off a flower, birdcage, bird and the words 'Home Sweet Home', in a pretty baby pink font. I cut out each letter (as close to the colour part as possible). Next, I used PVA glue to stick the letters to the canvas. After this, it was basically just picking out whatever I wanted for the canvas. I picked an old pink flower hairclip (obviously with the clip removed), some lace ribbon, pearls and small flowers. I glued these on too, mainly using superglue.

With flash

You can probably see in the photos that some parts of the letters have gone a darker pink as the glue dried. I didn't know this would happen, but I love the effect it gives. Overall, the whole canvas is beautiful. I don't think the pictures do it justice, because in person, you can see how it brings the room together (I think so anyway!) I'm a bit proud of myself for making this, and best of all, the whole thing cost me less than €10 to make! 

Do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...