Sunday, January 29, 2012

My haircare

Near the start of my blog, I did a post on My Hair Story. I was looking back through my old posts and it inspired me to do a post on my hair care and what I use to keep it in good condition. I've bleached it quite a lot over the past few years (I love crazy colours!) I haven't bleached it in months now, as I want to get it as healthy as I can...I have pretty fine hair as it is, so ruining it is the last thing I want to do.

My hair at the moment...soft & shiny, but some fly-aways and split ends


What I currently use on my hair when I wash it...


Tresemme SalonControl Ion Shine hairdryer
GHD hair straightener
Paddle brush
Large barrel brush
Small barrel brush
VO5 Give Me Moisture shampoo
VO5 Give Me Moisture conditioner
Lee Stafford Heat Protection (for straight hair)
Advance Techniques Lotus Shield Leave-in Treatment
Argan oil (not pictured)


Sometimes, I will use this hair mask too...I love it!


I tend to switch up my shampoo and conditioner when I feel my hair getting dry, and I use another deep treatment, like Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I don't straighten it every day, as this would kill my hair...I try to do it every 3 days, maximum! I mostly blowdry it, but once a week, I try to let it air-dry, I just hate when it gets so frizzy! I use the leave-in treatment once a week, and the deep mask once every 2 weeks, or twice if it needs a real boost. I don't like to overload my hair with product.

I used to wash my hair every day, but now I've stretched it to every THREE days. It may sound gross, but my hair is still wearable on day 3. If not, dry shampoo! Plus, not washing it gives the natural oils time to replenish the hair. Not washing it every day has done wonders for my hair, so I'd definitely recommend it! I'm due a trim very soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is so lovely and shiny! I did my hair in years a go trying to go blonde, its almost back to normal now luckily!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...