Sunday, October 14, 2012

DIY | Skeleton Hand Hair Clip

What you will need:
Skeleton hand earrings
Nail clippers/scissors
Glue
Crocodile/alligator hair clip
Black/dark/gold nail polish (optional)

I've seen quite a few pictures of girls wearing skeleton hand hair clips. I looked on eBay, but they were quite expensive for a clip. Then I searched for skeleton hand earrings, and I came across these pretty ones for €1.23, with free shipping, from this seller. This meant that I could make two clips cheaply, rather than paying loads for just one. These are the earrings...well, while they were still earrings, hahaha!


I tried them as earrings, but honestly, I thought they looked awful on me! Of course, I didn't mind at all because I did buy them to make hair clips. I used an old nail clippers to snip off the pin part of the earring, and the little soldered part that keeps the pin in place...they came off pretty easily. Luckily, I already had some crocodile hair clips so I didn't need to buy some. I took superglue and simply glued the clip to the bottom part of the hand. I left it to dry, and tried it in my hair. I didn't like how it the silver clip looked in my hair, so I took a matte black nail polish (because I have black hair). I painted the clip black on the left and right side of the hand, so it would blend with my hair. I left it to dry for an hour to be on the safe side.

If you have different coloured hair, you can use whichever polish is the closest match to your hair :)

And you're done!

I've gotten so many compliments on it already, and I only made it a couple of days ago.
Cheap, easy to make, and looks cute as :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...