Monday, October 15, 2012

Cats: An update! (& pictures)

I love my cats, so I think they deserve a blog post of their own! If you don't like cats, you don't have to read it, or look at the pictures. I know that not everyone likes cats, but I love them :)

Basically, we had Prince (male) for months, then we went on holidays. My sister in law (and neighbour!) was looking after him, but he ran away...he probably didn't think we were coming back. We got used to the fact that he wasn't coming back, but we missed having a cat around the house. My sister in law had Jess (female), but she was going to put her in an ad so someone else could take her. We took her in!

Two weeks ago, I got news that my Grandad had passed away earlier that day. I was in the kitchen about to burst into tears, when, who jumped up onto the windowsill? Prince! After eight weeks! It was crazy. We brought him into the house and fed him (he was skin and bone) and of course, Jess went crazy. She's very territorial, but we stuck with it. We didn't have the heart to turn Prince away.

For the past few weeks, we've been trying to make the cats get along with each other..they're both living with us. It was tough at the start, constantly hissing and batting each other. But they're slowly getting used to each other now...although, as Jess loves shopping bags, she hides in them to intimidate Prince...he's getting used to it now though. I wish they'd snuggle up together, but it probably won't happen! Jess is spayed, and we're getting Prince done soon, so hopefully they'll get along better.

Here are some recent pictures of them..I have yet to get some of them together, they're never close enough for a picture together..they even eat separately ha ha ha!

Jess is black and white, Prince is brown, black and white.


 Aren't they cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...