Saturday, February 01, 2014

DIY | Rainbow Water Beads

My rainbow water bead jar!

I came across this idea on Pinterest (of course), and fell in love with it. I ordered some water beads from eBay (10 bags for less than €1.50). This is what the bag looks like...
 Pop them in a large bowl/bucket/tub with water - the bag says 400g of water, but I poured on whatever I thought was right. I waited 4/5 hours until the beads had expanded, then drained off the excess water. For this jar, I think I used 2 bags (maybe a bit less), but I'm really not sure.

I had a clean Yankee Candle ready, and separated all the colours. I put the purple beads at the bottom, followed by blue, green, yellow, orange and red. It took about 10 minutes, but it's worth it. I think it looks so pretty! It's currently on my kitchen table, adding a pop of colour to it.
 
Have you tried anything with water beads? You can read more about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...