Monday, November 27, 2017

FOOD | EASY BANOFFEE PIE

I think it was around two years ago that I had banoffee pie for the very first time... my brother had made it & it was love at first taste. I have such a sweet tooth so it wasn't difficult to see why I loved it. Caramel is always a hit with me.

I decided to make my own banoffee pie last week, so I did a quick google search to see what I would need. I was surprised to see how easy it was, & loved the fact that there was no baking involved. Just a quick & easy dessert or treat which takes no time at all to whip up.


If you would like to give this delicious banoffee pie a go, here's what you'll need & what to do...

INGREDIENTS
250g digestive biscuits
100g butter or margarine
397g caramel (TIP: if you can't get caramel, use a can of sweetened condensed milk. Read the end of this post for more tips.)
2 large bananas
whipped cream/spray cream
grated chocolate


UTENSILS
rolling pin
large bow/Pyrex dish
23cm/9" springform cake tin

METHOD
1. Place digestives in a sandwich bag & crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt butter.
3. Pour crushed digestives into a bowl, pour in melted butter & mix until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Pour breadcrumb mix into your cake tin (no greasing or lining required)
5. Flatten the mixture down with a tablespoon. You can also flatten it to the sides of the tin, but I don't.
6. Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge (the mixure, not yourself!)
7. Pour on caramel & smooth it out.
8. Layer your sliced bananas on top of the caramel.
9. Pour cream on, distribute & sprinkle grated chocolate on.
10. Chill until ready to serve... obviously I had a slice straightaway.
11. Just pop out the bottom of the tin & ENJOY!!


TIPS

★ canned caramel can sometimes be hard to come by, BUT a can of sweetened condensed milk boiled for 3 hours makes caramel. Make sure you allow it to cool before opening because it's friggin' hot.

 I don't actually have a rolling pin (have taken note that I need one), so I had to improvise and use a roll of tin foil instead. It worked, but a rolling pin would obviously be better & easier.

 you can mix it up by using strawberries instead of bananas (or both together... all the heart eyes!)

 if you don't like chocolate (really!?) use a topping of your choice... walnuts sound delicious too!

 you could try chocolate digestives for a different taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...