Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Back to Blogging & Pregnancy Update!

I can't belieeeeeve it's been over 2 months since my last post was published on here! Reason being, my laptop charger is screwed, so I can't use my laptop. I need to get a new charging cable, but in the meantime, I'm using my boyfriend's computer. ALSO, HOW IS IT JUNE ALREADY?

I have a list of posts I want to do, saved on my phone, and I'm actually quite excited to fall back into the blogging world again. I find blogging extremely therapeutic... even if some days saw me taking 2 or 3 hours to put out a decent post. But that's normal, right? Anyway, I'm back now, currently taking a break from scrubbing the house and tidying!

If you've read my previous post, you'll know I'm pregnant... 24 weeks and 2 days today. I'm amazed at how quick time seems to be going. I can't believe we're well over the halfway mark already. Our little boy will be here before we know it... although let's hope he stays in there until his due date in September! We have already chosen his name, and at the moment, we're deciding on what to do with his nursery. Paint colour, decor, location of furniture, etc. It's really exciting, and we can't wait to meet him. Hospital appointments, my glucose test, decorating and antenatal classes will make the time go faster I think. And we'll have a three month old at Christmas, how does that even make sense? It's overwhelming at times and I find myself crying for no reason, but overall, I love it. He usually reacts to the Eastenders theme tune, and he's kicking me as I type this! 

Pregnancy so far has been good to me, for the most part! My sickness didn't last long at all and I had an extreme craving for anything lemony... lemon cake, lemonade, lemon mousse. The other night in bed, I found myself with a strong craving for pork scratchings. PORK SCRATCHINGS. Of all things. Oh god, they all sound so good right now. So, I've decided I'm making lemon drizzle cake when this post goes out. ANYWAY, let's stop talking about food and get back to pregnancy. I first felt him move around 18 and a half weeks, just little small kicks and movements. They're SO much stronger now, and sometimes his kicks make me jump because they're so sudden. I'm quite a jumpy person anyway, so this might not happen with anyone else! In saying all that, I can't even imagine how strong his kicks will be when I'm 36+ weeks... helloooooo broken ribs! The heat is really getting to me, but I can't complain because I live in Ireland, and from time to time, forget what the sun looks like! So I'll make the most of it while we have it. It's a good excuse for ice-cream, ice-lollies and ice-cold water! What am I saying, anytime is a good excuse for ice-cream.

All along, I thought our little bubs was a girl. I wasn't the only one. Almost everyone I spoke to predicted a little girl for us... only my boyfriend said he had a feeling it was a boy! So, of course, at our gender scan, we found out that I was in fact carrying a healthy baby boy. I'm never going to live it down because he was right ;) not that I mind one bit, I love my boys more than anything in this world. I find it a little crazy to think that something that's not even here yet, can mean absolutely everything to us. I can't imagine not having our little boy growing inside me now. I love being pregnant, and watching our little boy's movements and feeling his kicks is amazing. He is so loved already... spoiled too and he's got another 3 and a half months of growing to do!

I think we're decorating the nursery next week, so I'll be sure to do some updates on how it's coming along...

Happy first day of June from me & bump 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...